Low Cost / No Cost Energy Saving Measures
February 06, 2010
1. Set your water heater temperature no higher than 120 degrees F.
2. For households with 1 or 2 members, a 115 degree setting may work fine.
3. Install a water-heater wrap per manufacturer's instructions.
4. Drain 1 - 2 gallons from bottom of waater heater each year to reduce sediment build up.
5. Install heat traps on hot and cold water lines when it's time to replace your water heater.
6. Insulate exposed hot water lines
7. Limit shower length to 5 - 7 minutes.
8. Install low-flow shower heads
9. Fix dripping faucets.
10. Don't let water run while you are shaving or brushing your teeth.
10780 E. 850th St., Colchester, IL 62326 firstname.lastname@example.org